Thursday, October 27, 2022

NASA and the Annoyance Factor

 

So, well, whatdayaknow, here's we go again, and this time it's NASA taking a big bite out of the exceptionally well-preserved UAP/UFO apple with a new study incorporating the already incorporated.  What does that mean?  Hell, I don't know, but it looks good on paper.  Hmm, so did Dr. Ed Condon's project at the University of Colorado.  Come to think of it.

I think that what blasts what remains of my functioning brain tissue into little bits when these THIS IS OFFICIAL DAMN IT studies are set up is the profound absence of plain ol' people who spent decades investigating and documenting UFO cases, and woe to anybody on those projects who dares to consult UFO literature cases accomplished by obviously deranged UFO "fans."

In the list of personnel just released by NASA, I see plenty of people with high-er education, but I doubt any of them have been eating up UFO history during their lives.  Thus continues the research flaw when government becomes involved almost as an afterthought to the phenomenon itself..

Actually, I expect some solid UFO history knowledgeables -- and perhaps a charlatan here and there, unfortunately -- will be consulted by who-knows how many on the list, at least marginally, and I hope I'm wrong about some skepticism regarding the ultimate status of NASA's project.  It could result in gold. 

 Or it could crash-land as a big freakin' marshmallow.